Benefex Limited (company registration number 04768546) and Benefex Financial Solutions Limited (company registration number 06242658) (we/us/our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller. Our registered office is at Mountbatten House, Grosvenor Square, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 2JU.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when visiting www.benefex.co.uk (our site), for example when filling in forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering to attend events advertised on our site or requesting further information from us. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you (where you have consented to be contacted for that purpose) and we may contact you about these by post, e-mail or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or for marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Benefex Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about Benefex Limited’s customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; and/or
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the steps outlined above under the heading “Uses made of your information”.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request you make may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.