Are you a skilled and proactive IT Systems Engineer? We want to hear from you!
Fancy joining the wonderful world of Benefex? We’re a fast-moving technology business and are one of the leading providers of employee benefits solutions to employers with ISO27001, Cyber Security Essentials accreditations. To help us on our quest to deliver and be the best we need the most brilliant people out there on board… and that’s where you come in.
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced, highly skilled and proactive IT Systems Engineer with significant strengths in Wintel Infrastructure systems including desktop, server and network configuration, cloud platform administration and more.
You will be reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, working alongside a team of 5 and involved in business critical projects with a range of technologies.
What will you be doing?
A typical day will involve resolving day to day, network or infrastructure related issues with 3rd parties, internal teams and the IT Infrastructure Manager to determine a strategic approach to resolution.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Respond to 1st to 3rd line IT support requests and escalate accordingly.
- Assists in planning and implementation of technology initiatives.
- Evaluate communication problems, support moves and changes through to their completion.
- Supports communications and data processing systems (e.g. voice telephony, LAN, WAN network etc.).
- Investigates fault cause and root cause analysis on how these may be proactively reduced.
- Carries out daily checks regarding backups, network and system health and system-wide log reviews.
- Analyse system problems and needs (e.g. performance issues, outages, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating, and/or avoiding current and future problems and improve reliability and performance.
- Determines appropriate configurations of hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of systems equipment.
- Researches, gathers, and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify, and maintain assigned networks and communications systems.
- Coordinates with the IT Director and Head of Information Security to ensure compliance with security policies and data protection guidelines.
- Monitors assigned networks and telecommunications systems to ensure system reliability and to evaluate need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance, and/or new systems.
- Requirement to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain confidentiality within all aspects of the job role.
- Ad hoc activities as required
Ok, so there might be more than a days’ worth here!
What qualifications and experience do you need to have?
- Hold a CCNA, MCSA or similar accreditation
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Wintel and Cisco orientated environment.
- You’ll also need to have demonstrable experience supporting Windows Server 2012 R2 roles and features (Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/GPO/RRAS/CA,) Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange Online, firewall and switch configuration.
- Excellent communication skills with all people at different levels of the business and enjoy working as part of a team in a complex architecture with Development and Operational experts.
- Good knowledge of networking and firewall/security technologies
- Good understanding of security policies and procedure as it relates to the business requirements.
- Good understanding of all areas of IT Infrastructure outside of immediate area of specialisation to an advanced level.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations and work unsupervised.
- Being a logical thinker with good analytical and problem solving skills is a given – so when you apply tell us about a couple of your experiences!
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment