Benefex believe that no-one comes to work to do a bad job. It can happen through a collection of missed opportunities, not making the most of those daily interactions and experiences. We see the solution as an assortment of loops; each one refined to create seamless but tangible interactions between employers and employees, making work a rewarding place for every single one of us.
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board and that’s where you come in.
Our Product Engineering team is reshaping; Product, Infrastructure and Engineering are combining to build the next generation of our award-winning OneHub Platform. One that will enable the creation of not just a single product, but a diverse range of products filling each part of every experience loop; anywhere in the world.
As a Cloud Engineer in the Recognition squad, you will be a part of ensuring the delivery and operation of an exciting new, social peer-to-peer recognition product. You will be directly contributing towards our ability to provide a robust, global, multi-tenanted OneHub Platform supporting a continuously evolving set of capabilities with zero downtime.
- be committed and participate in improving both your own and the squad's capability;
- have a sense for creating high-quality, reliable and maintainable code;
- thrive working as part of a close-knit team, making decisions together to deliver the most valuable experience to our client's employees possible;
- be brave and honest in the appraisal of your own and other's work; remaining open-minded and reflective about improving both yourself and the delivered product;
- know when to work autonomously and when to collaborate to achieve the best result;
Have experience of:
- Web Operations - logging, monitoring
- Web Infrastructure - servers, load balancers, firewalls
- At least one scripting language - Python / Bash / Powershell
- Automation using Ansible / Terraform / Chef / Puppet
- Continuous Integration/Delivery using Jenkins Pipelines / an alternative
- Deploying applications on the JVM
- Git / Source control
Extra points for:
- Infrastructure as code
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Google Cloud Platform / Firebase
- Event-driven / Messaging architecture
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment
- A competitive salary