Benefex believe that no-one comes to work to do a bad job. It can happen through a collection of missed opportunities in making the most of those daily interactions and experiences. We create unparalleled employee experiences, which we see as an assortment of loops; each one refined to create seamless but tangible interactions between employers and employees, making work a rewarding place for every single one of us.
Benefex is a fast-moving technology company, and one of the most successful providers of online reward and benefits solutions in the UK. To help us on our quest to be the best, we need brilliant people on board, and that’s where you come in.
Our Product Engineering team is reshaping; Product, Infrastructure and Engineering are combining to build the next generation of our award-winning OneHub Platform. One that will enable the creation of not just a single product, but a diverse range of products filling each part of every experience loop; anywhere in the world.
As a Back-end Engineer in the Benefits squad, you will take the lead in enhancing and maintaining the OneHub Benefits product and driving its journey to containerisation and the cloud.
- have a mature, agile approach to delivery;
- be excited to learn and adopt new technology;
- be committed to improving the capabilities of both yourself and the squad;
- have a sense for creating high-quality, reliable and maintainable code;
- thrive when working as part of a close-knit team, making decisions together to deliver the most valuable experience possible to our clients' employees;
- be brave and honest in the appraisal of your own and others' work; remaining open-minded and reflective about improving both yourself and the delivered product;
- know when to work autonomously and when to collaborate to achieve the best result;
Have experience of:
- C# & associated .Net technology (2 yrs+)
- Creating secure, autonomous HTTP-based APIs
- SQL Server 2016
- Team Foundation Server
- Git / Github
Extra points for:
- NServiceBus / Messaging architectures
- Octopus Deploy
- Performance / Scalability techniques
- Rules Engines
- Google Cloud Platform
Rewards for you:
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
- Great team and innovative office environment
- A competitive salary